Begin your online application:
PRTS accepts applications year-round. To begin the online application process for any degree, certificate, or even to apply to take one course, click on the button below and complete the initial inquiry form. Our admissions staff will respond to this form, after which you can submit the various components of your application (as outlined below).
Or mail in your application:
Alternatively, you may complete the application by downloading the proper forms and mailing (or having sent) all required documents to the seminary. You must submit:
- A general application form
- An academic reference (using this form)
- An ecclesiastical reference (using this form)
- Transcripts reflecting all post-secondary education (mailed directly from the institution)
- All applicable application essays as detailed on the general application form
- The “Why PRTS?” essay (all applicants)
- The MDiv essay (only required of MDiv applicants)
- An academic writing sample as detailed on the general application form
- TOEFL scores sent directly to the seminary for all ESL applicants
- $50 application fee. Application fees will be applied as a credit towards tuition if the applicant is accepted.
How to Pay Your Application Fee:
- Mail a personal check of $50.00 USD to the seminary
(be sure to write “Application Fee” on the memo line)
- Call Ann Dykema at 616-977-0599 (x135) with your credit card number (inform her this is for your application fee)
- Make an online payment. Click the “Pay Application Fee” button below, and you will be prompted to enter your major credit card information.
Online Application Fee Payment
English as a Second Language (ESL) Students
ESL students are required to submit their TOEFL or IELTS score to verify their abilities in the English language. PRTS requires a score of 230 on the computer-based test, 90 on the Internet-based test, and 575 on the paper-based TOEFL. The IELTS equivalent required is 6.5. The PRTS reporting code is 0368.
- is subject to all the admission and registration regulations of the institution;
- is responsible to determine whether a current institution will accept credit earned at PRTS, if desired;
- must understand that falsification of any part of an application may result in cancellation of admission and/or registration at the institution;
- Students transferring from another seminary must include with the application form an official transcript of their current seminary work and a catalog from that institution.